About Program –
Now a days proper financial planning is very much important to increase the savings and to reduce dependency on loans. Therefore, to increase awareness about the financial planning and to motivate community members for savings; Financial Literacy programs conducted by Aparajita Mahila Sangh under CSR program of Small Industrial Development Bank (SIDBI) in urban and industrial slum areas of Indore district.
Main objective of these program was to motivate community members to start savings by avoiding traditional way of expenditure i.e. Marriage, Alcohol etc. and to keep their savings at Banks to meet their future financial need i.e. Education, Health etc.
Target Area and community –
Target Area – Industrial / Urban Slum area of Indore
Community – Industry Labour.
Program Duration –
Program / activities under the program –
- Awareness camps organized at Slum areas
- Bank account opened by organizing Camps in slum areas.
- Opening of Atal Pension Scheme, PMJJY and PMBSY insurance accounts.
- Promotion of banking services done through posters, banners and personal discussion.
Outcome / Results –
- 6 camps organized in industrial slum area.
- 500+ villager participated in the programs
- 200+ bank account opened at local banks.
- 250+ new enrolments for Govt. Insurance and Atal pension scheme done during the program period.