Financial Literacy and Awareness Program of NABARD
About Program –
One of the major reasons of poverty is lack of awareness of financial literacy in rural area. Therefore, it became necessary to teach rural community how plan their regular expenditure by understating necessary and un-necessary expenditures. With a core focus on increasing savings habit in the community Financial literacy programs are assigned to Aparajita Mahila Sangh by NABARD.
Main objective of these program was to motivate community members to start savings by avoiding traditional way of expenditure i.e. Marriage, Alcohol etc. and to keep their savings at Banks / SHGs to meet their future financial need i.e. Education, Health etc.
Target Area and community –
Target Area – Dewas, Khandwa and Burhanpur Districts
Community – Rural / Village community members.
Program Duration –
Year 2015-16 and continued…
Program / activities under the program –
- Village level awareness camps organized
- Bank account opened in the village camps.
- Atal Pension Scheme, PMJJY and PMBSY insurance account opened in the camps.
- Promotion of banking services done through posters, banners and personal discussion.
Outcome / Results –
- 150+ FL Camps organized in Dewas, Khandwa, and Burhanpur districts.
- 2000+ villager participated in the programs
- 1000+ bank account opened at local banks.
- 1000+ New enrolments for Govt. Insurance and Atal pension scheme done during the program period (one month)
|Sr. No.||District||No. of Program||Target Area|
|2||Khandwa & Burhanpur||132 (100 Villages of Khandwa District & 32 villages of Burhanpur District.)||Khandwa & Burhanpur|