About Program –
Bank Sakhi – “Sakhi SamaweshanProgram” was one of the unique program piloted by Aparajtia Mahila Sangh with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) ), NABARD, NJGB Bank & NICT at Indore and Dewas District.
Banks Sakhi program was aimed to promote women SHG members as Bank Kiosk Agent (As Bank BC agent) in the rural area. This program was based to provide new earning opportunity to rural women by providing banking services trainings and BC operation trainings; each BC has to serve 3-5 remote villages were banking services are not available. Main role was BC to provide door step banking services for account opening, account operation, Insurance, pension etc.
Target Area and community –
Target Area – Block – Hatpiplya, District Dewas (MP)
Community – SHG Members and 80 villages.
Program Period – 18 moths (FY 2015-16&17)
Program / activities under the program –
- Identification of active SHG members to trained them as Bank BC agent as “Bank Sakhi”.
- Provide Computer literacy training to understand computer basics
- Banking Operation trainings
- Training on Bank BC Operation and online banking transactions with Laptop and POS Devices.
- Setup of Bank BC outlet in rural area.
- Village level activity and support to Bank Sakhi member to start the field activities.
- Coordination between Bank, Bank Sakhi and NICT for on time banking transactions.
- Handholding support up to 18 months to the Bank Sakhi.
Outcome / Results –
- 16 Bank Sakhi appointed in the program in the area to serve approx. 80 remote villages of the area.
- Each Bank Sakhi earned 3,000 – 5,000 rupees per months as banking service commission.
- Supported NICT and NJGB Bank to develop dual authentication POS device for SHG based transactions.
- Jan Dhan, Pension & PMJDY, PMJJY account opened of 75% population of the area.